Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Very photogenic peony and others

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order. 
nature quote by John Burroughs



A visit to Illinois for grandson's graduation from High School led to time spent in my daughter's beautiful gardens.

Sometimes, there are some flowers that are more photogenic than most.  The Zinnea for one, pale roses for another, and the peony.  There were plants of different colors, but one takes my breath away!

These are just an assortment of blooms in her gardens.


Don't forget to click on a picture
to see larger.
Half the interest of the garden is the constant exercise of the imagination.
Mrs. C. W. Earle





'Just living is not enough,' said the butterfly.
'One must have sunshine, freedom,
and a little flower.'
gardening quote / saying by Hans Christian Andersen

The best place to seek God is in a garden.
You can dig for him there.
garden quote / saying by George Bernard Shaw

An addiction to gardening is not all bad when you consider all the other choices in life. quote / saying by Cora Lea Bell
I remember when I was a little girl that peonies had black ants on them.




My green thumb came only as a result
of the mistakes I made while learning
to see things from the plant's point of view. 
garden quote / saying by H. Fred Ale


No comments: