Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Rainy garden - reverie


I wrote this a week ago and didn't publish.  It is nice to read at this time when since that day, every day has been dry, hot with temperatures hovering in the high 90's.

It has been 40+ days without rain and most of the time temperatures in 100's or high 90's and most mornings in the high 70's or 80's.

It is 64° and rainy.  Not heavy downpour, light, blissful rain.

What is so amazing?  My depression is gone!  I am enthused for the first time in months.  Excited to plan next year's garden.
I know in my mind that it will hit 85° this afternoon and hot again tomorrow and on and on.

There is still today!

“Can't you see that it's just raining?
There ain't no need to go outside.” 
― Jack Johnson


My mind is racing with things to do for next year.  The plan I have occupying my old brain is containers.  Think small, think build soil, think move bird houses, think move garden mailbox, think fencing the persistent bunnies out. Most of all, think containers. Well, there is always the mole..........................Can't stop em.
I just pray God gives me another glorious spring with flowers!

It is a Great Day!


No comments: