Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Butterfly rescue



Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.

Painted Lady

Painted Lady Underside
One morning hubby and I were in the living room when I spotted a butterfly on the ceiling.
It was too high to rescue without hurting the wings.
So we waited and waited and got distracted by TV.
Needless to say, I looked up and the butterfly was gone.

The poor thing finally saw the sky (I think) and flew over to the window.  It managed to get under the venetian blind.
It walked up and down the window and finally rested.

It was on the inside of the window so could not take screen off and then raise the windows.  I thought it would beat itself silly if I did.

I grabbed a dish towel and carefully raised the blind and dropped towel over it and very lightly, so as to not damage the wings, and set it free in the back yard.

What a blessing to free this beautiful creature!

No comments: