Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall,sort of

Ok, so two mornings were "fall like". I actually wore a sweat shirt for a while.  The temps were low 60's and highs mid 80's. Still dry however.
I took advantage of the cooler morning and redid the fencing around the cone flower bed. Doesn't look very good, but should keep the little buggers out. I really can't tell if anything has been nibbling on the plants.  The leaves get ragged looking.  It could be caterpillars even?
The reason for redoing the fencing was that in my frantic rush to "do "something!!" when I discovered rabbits had gotten inside the fence. I slapped up the landscape fabric and borders without too much planning. So, the make shift "gate" was such a pain to get opened and closed that I let the weeds get the upper hand.
My "fixing" the gate is not pretty since I used what was at hand.  I can at least get inside and tend to things.





No comments: