Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Labor day 2012

Saturday September 3, 2012 Labor Day (joke) I worked harder  

I have solved the mystery of the mummified peaches.  It is brown rot, which is a fungus.  My suspicion all along.  The "stab" marks of many is from the oriental fruit moth.  The description of the small puncture and then turning brown bruises and finally mummified.  Whether the rot/fungus is a result of the moth I don't know.

I heard the weather forecast for the week will be in the 100's with "cooling" this weekend.  Could this be the beginning of cooler weather????

My husband and I took down a tree (sort of) this AM..  He hates, hates to take down a tree with green leaves on it. I, on the other hand can see next year and this tree needed to be gone.  It was the graft host of the Ranger peach tree that was so abundant this year.  The fruit of the "host" is about the size of a large plum.
When it ripened, there were hundreds and hundreds of small peaches on the ground.  I spent hours cleaning them up.

Never again!!!

The rest of this week will be in the 100's and no rain.  The weekend promises a break in the heat..................I can only hope that fall is officially on its way.!!

No comments: