Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Garden Diary Number Four

Snow And Rocks Stock Photo

To shorten winter, borrow some money due in spring. ~W.J. Vogel


Diary number 4


I am delighted to have this, another diary.  The book was published in the 90's by the Boston Museum of Art.

I had filled 3 and gave up on finding another.  I bought the first in a shop in the 90's and searched for the second locally and the 3rd on the internet.  Then, there were no more. None on the Web, none in the shops.
I periodically checked on line and had not seen another diary and then a few weeks ago, there it was!



Each page has a lovely piece of art and squares that I can note in 3 or 4 years.  I use a different ink color for each year.

I tried another diary or 2 and just could not settle into the writing as the pages were so different.  I guess that makes me pretty rigid in my thinking.
Actually, the lack of another diary was what got me to thinking of writing a diary type note to my sister and from there was encouraged to blog.
Typing frees up my brain or something and I can think better this way than my cramped unattractive handwriting.  Both my sisters have/had lovely hand writing.  Me, never.

In seed-time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy. ~William Blake




No comments: