Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

April morning

It is a golden maxim to cultivate the garden for the nose, and the eyes will take care of themselves. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

What I love about the blue salvias is that when the weather is chilly and damp and overcast these flowers are a brilliant and deep blue.  They will fade in the heat of summer and become darker when cooler weather arrives.
I took these pictures on a chilly, windy morning.   Don't forget to click on picture for larger






A day comes in the springtime
When Earth puts forth her powers,
Casts off the bonds of winter
And lights him hence with flowers...
~Dora Read Goodale, 

 
 If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. ~Nadine Stair

As I write this, rain is pouring down.  We had storms last night.  Today more of the same.  This time, however, it is chilly (I have my window open and cold air blowing in) so there is no heat to build storms and tornadoes and hail.
Took this picture yesterday, promising hail.  Not for us thank goodness.







No comments: