Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Rain





Don’t knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn’t start a conversation if it didn’t change once in a while. ~Kin Hubbard

On cable TV they have a weather channel — 24 hours of weather. We had something like that where I grew up. We called it a window. ~Dan Spencer

December 16, 2017

This is the first day in weeks we are having rain. All be it, light to drizzle, but I call it rain.
I tried to find date of last rain and the net is too full of itself to record  poor Burleson moisture.
We are far enough south of Fort Worth to not be included in their rain fall.

Anyway, it has been cold and rainy all day.  After one final run into the madness of Shopping traffic for a few items to bake quick breads. I settled in to baking and cleaning up the bowls, spoons and baking mess, enjoying all.

I have fond memories of when I was working and preparing date nut breads for folks in my department.  This time, the first batch was not what I remembered.  The second batch looks more promising.  The house smells so good.  We are warm and glad not to be out in the craziness of shopping traffic.

Our population has grown so much in the last 4 or so years that we have traffic jams, accidents and a few enraged drivers.  We are the closest access to I-35 for a lot of folks now.  Thus, traffic is bad most days, but holidays are insane.

Maybe a bit of Christmas decorating is in order.





No comments: