Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2018

February moon


I prefer winter and Fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape — the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn’t show. ~Andrew Wyeth
After days and days of cold and rain.  About 10 inches of rain. I finally got out with my camera to document the destruction, since I knew there would be some.
          My garden area has been hard hit with mole tunnel collapsing through the heart.
          An old area that I had repaired a number of dry winters ago and the heavy deluge that
          wiped   out the garden path that the moles had undermined.  I thought I had won the battle.

          More on that later.  This is a wonderment that I must share while it is upper most in my
          mind.

         I took pictures of mole damage,  gorgeous sunset and then "what the heck"  I found the
         moon flirting with fog like clouds and propped my elbows on an old rain tote and got
         magic.

Found the moon high in the sky in seeming fog

February is merely as long as is needed to pass the time until March. ~J.R. Stockton
Mine is not a high end camera but I am happy!

I could probably edit this, but I cannot think of better shot!




No comments: