Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Mole damage exposed by heavy rain

On the wind in February
Snowflakes float still,
Half inclined to turn to rain,
Nipping, dripping, chill.
~Christina Georgina Rossetti, "A Year's Windfalls," 1866



This bucket is like an optical illusion it looks deep and yet only 6"
It sure feels as if there was more rain than this.
Click on picture for 
larger
This is the top of the wash out.  I could not find the source of water rushing through.


Side view of collapsed trail below. Gonna have to haul in some dirt.

Not a great picture. This is trail is at least 6' long.

Looks like little pest just made a right turn

Picture does not reflect what a mess this is. This is the area I thought I had taken care of by blocking . Obviously I was mistaken.  Mud spilled out on to the gravel path. Maybe I should just get a bulldozer and wipe out the whole thing?

This hole is about 4" wide, the stick  went down about 10"
Hubby found 3 baby moles out by our driveway.  How they got there is a mystery. I thought they washed out of a trail. He thinks adult dragged them out.  I wouldn't mind seeing more.  The destruction these rodents do is horrendous if it goes unchecked.  I have tried numerous things and had short term success in the small area I treated. 




No comments: