Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Just cuz March is windy....................


 The color of springtime is in the flowers; the color of winter is in the imagination. ~Terri Guillemets

Today, Tuesday == the wind is gusting to 35 mph. The odd Texas temperature 82°. Not a day for pictures or work.  Weeds need attention. They are thriving after over an inch of much needed rain a few days ago.

While dealing with new hearing issues, I decided to just go to the garden and take it all in. I stand amazed at what my hands, feet and back have accomplished.  I miss hearing the birds close by.  I saw a pair checking out the bird houses in the center of the garden.  By the time I went to get the binoculars and returned they were gone.

Then, Bloggie camera in hand I spotted a new flower.  It turns out to be a Ten Petal Anemone.  Joy!  Thank God I can still see!!  I know no reason why it should appear in the old flag stone path but there it is!

 The wind may blow, the soil may dry, 
Our health may go, I will not cry.

Oh, puleeeze,,,,,,,, I am just so very grateful I can see and walk around in my garden.

My garden will never be lush nor grandiose. It will never be just the way
I want it. Plants will bloom one year and die the next.  It will have weeds, rabbits and (thank God) BEES AND BUTTERFLIES.

I prefer winter and Fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape — the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn't show. ~Andrew Wyeth


1 comment:

Judy said...

It has been a while since I looked at your blog. Never disappointing. Love the pictures and your most interesting comments.
Judy