Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

One of my favorite Spring destinations

March in Minneapolis from a friend



Last Thursday with a strange morning of 60°, overcast, drizzly feeling and a promise of 80's later in the day, I headed for one of my favorite destinations. Not that far really, but I don't drive the freeways much anymore and wasn't looking forward to that part.

Redenta's Garden in Arlington, Texas is one of our better known organic gardening nurseries.
I was not disappointed.  I have been struggling with lavender plants dying over and over again. That was my mission, to get help and ideas on what I can do to keep them alive.  The lovely lady there took time out to explain the types they are selling and even gave me a note pad and pen to jot down information.

Don't forget
to click on a 
picture to see larger
They have quite a selection of lavender plants






Once that was taken care of, I got to take time out and just wander the area. They never fail to have new and inspiring ideas for the garden as well as a potting "bar". This is so enchanting. I wanted to do some potting there myself.

These jars look like they are filled with jelly beans, they are stones and such

 They have the "bar" set up under cover and these jars are on a wall with a huge  old fashioned BAR sign with marque lights that unfortunately wasn't lit. .  They sell the lighted letters and have them hung and lit all over the shop.


 I have been seeing these "fairy gardens" a lot lately.  There are so many creative people in gardening that the ideas are endless and charming.





They look  so life like and they are really so tiny sort of like a garden doll house.







The gotta have that rack. Always something different



















I can see this succulent planting with "fairy" additions

A green house you just want to walk through the door and stay awhile.
















I didn't get the names of these succulents, just enjoyed closeups with my Bolggie camera. 



But each spring...a gardening instinct, sure as the sap rising in the trees, stirs within us. We look about and decide to tame another little bit of ground. ~ Lewis Gantt

Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than Emperor's. ~ Mary Cantwell


 Half the interest of a garden is the constant exercise of the imagination. ~ Mrs. C.W. Earle, Pot-Pourri from a Surrey Garden, 1897

No comments: