Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Winters past

Don't forget to click on picture for larger view

As last week's cold is fading in memory.  Looking ahead to warmer weather.  
I was going through those mysterious folders on my desk top that were an idea for a blog.

This folder is such a nice memory of winter 2010.  "Just another winter day".

The male Cardinal perched at the edge of the patio is actually checking out seeds on a piece of newspaper between my window and the feeders.  Worth mentioning is that the Cardinals rarely, if ever come to the patio.

One or two of these pictures are a few of the "good ones".  Still making friends with my camera at the time and took tons of not so good pictures.  Thank goodness for digital!!  I have wished many times for one of those magical, mysterious DSLR cameras for "better shots".   There would still be a learning curve.

My camera and I were stationed at the kitchen window with the screen off and the window even open, for the best I could do.  Cold, yes. Crazy, yes. Caught up in the magic of capturing, YES.
No better way to spend a morning in my mind.





                                                          ,,"The color of springtime is in the flowers, the color of winter is in the imagination." ~Ward Elliot Hour
                                                        










"Surely as cometh the Winter, I know
There are Spring violets under the snow."
-  R. H. Newell



No comments: