Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Waxwing wind up

      I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance that I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn.  ~Henry David Thoreau       

Why do birds sing in the morning?                                                                   It's the triumphant shout:  
 "We got through another night!"
 Enid Bagnold                                               
                
 Click on any picture to enlarge
Three days ago, it was too warm.  Yesterday, back to chilly, today, downright cold.  
Two days ago, I posted the beautiful Waxwings.
Friday, was another show.  They are so fascinating to watch.  The pickings were slim on this day.
The birds were up in the tall trees.  It almost looked as if the clean up process was choreographed.

I set up camera, chair, wine, and waited.  When the show started it was fast and furious.  They became so excited that some would fly into the window.  I finally stood up to break the glare.
The window was reflecting the sky and as proof of how distracting the glare can be, the upper half of the window has a huge series of cracks.  Thank goodness for double pane windows!
A hawk was intent on its prey and flew right into the window.

The only regret I have is that I missed out on them feeding on the ground.  They were picking up berries that had fallen.






















Birds of a feather flock together and crap on your car. ~Author unknown

 

No comments: