Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Today is Christmas Day.  Although most of the country is struggling with winter snows, we have been having blessed rain.
We did not travel this year and I am happy to be safe, secure (even if the cloud cover is preventing satellite reception) and healthy.
This is a time of year for family and friends and good food and memories.
My mind is full of memories (70+ years worth).  A brief chat with my husband of 55 years (tomorrow) will recall something for both of us.  So, thankfully, we can be together another Christmas and share a quiet and peaceful day and rain.

These are a few of my favorite things.  If you "hover" over the picture and click, it will enlarge a bit for more detail.


The bell is one of 2 that have survived that I painted in my tole painting days years ago,  and the trees have been accumulating for years The one with the red "berries" are to me Cardinals that I think of  because my sister loves them.

This is my favorite because of the stories I relive when I look at these.  The duck has its own story in that it "flew away"  when my son was moving.  Blew right out of the pickup and the head broke off.  I had painted this wood duck for him. Unfortunately for him, he is living at my house as I have never quite gotten him repainted.  The 2 pictures are of  New Mexico ruins and aspens.

So, they are here on the web and much easier to "find" than scanning through the many, many pictures.
A blessed and joyful Christmas and "God Bless Us Everyone"





No comments: