Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Plans for spring








My mind never stops gardening. When I was working, I could spend an entire day (at least 8 hours) in the garden and yard. This was usually on the weekends. Now, I manage 3 hours and try to husband my energy by having a plan on what to work on and attempt to stay focused on just that (heh,heh)

It is hard to stay focused when there are so many tasks needing to be gotten to. I realized this morning that the biggest task is the RABBITS. The critters have been around all winter. The trashy looking fenced in area left over from last summer is a wreck. It needs a lot of work. I spent an hour yesterday cleaning only one side of the little area. Muttering and fussing about how had I let things get so out of hand. The day was perfect, overcast and in the low 60's.

Later that afternoon, I spotted the long eared pests and resolved then and there that first on the agenda is selecting plants that (might) repel them or at least be distasteful enough to go elsewhere for goodies,from my lists I made last fall. That being said, next is to clean out the mulch, weeds and trash and add compost. No small chore.
We have a pickup now and I am going to see about getting a load of compost instead of bags. Bags are always easier to handle but cost wise, it is cheaper when you need at least 10 bags. Getting the compost from the truck to the garden area may be a problem since the moles have completely undermined my sandy yard and the truck may bog down................. Also on the agenda?? Getting back to the fitness center and getting in shape.

So, time to find the list and make plans for what and how many of each plant I need.  I haven't had much luck over the years with seeds and don't plan to start now.



These stones came from New Mexico they are so interesting to look at when it rains

No comments: