Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Productive morning

I haven't worked on my bunny repellant plants but did spend a productive morning.

The temperature is about 46 degrees and good chance for rain.  We need it.  I took this opportunity to finish cutting back 2 of my landscape grasses.  What a messy chore and a little too windy.  I will be cleaning up grass cuttings all summer.

I am concerned that I should probably replace this ravenna  grass.

I whacked off the taller grass blades with a hedge trimmer.  It was certainly a lot faster than trying to cut with a pair of scissors. More than likely, the hole in the middle of this clump is due to not cutting back short enough.


This is a second grass that I cut back.  The weeds? Poppies. They were hiding under the grass growth from last year. 




No comments: