Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bloggie limitations




The Bloggie does a fantastic job (up to a point).  Traveling with the intention of using the Nikon and the Bloggie, I discovered I became obsessed with taking closeups with the Bloggie only. 
The camera has several annoying limitations giving me something to think about regarding  purchasing a more expensive model.  This trip has been enlightening and a joy while using this camera.

It loves closeup shots.


Snap dragon

The limits are closeups from a distance of more than 4 inches and temperature.  It is much, much easier to take closeups with it than my Nikon.


I think the only reason I got the bee pictures is because it was about 53 degrees and they were cold




It will capture an early morning sunrise nicely. Not in the category of the DSLR by any means, but in a pinch, okay.
While in Cheyenne I spent many days taking pictures with Bloggie and find that the camera heats up fast in full daylight.  Even temps of 80's is too hot. The camera shut down in the middle of a trip to a lovely Botanical garden after only 15 minutes. It became quite hot to the hand.

Zinnia 

Zinnia      


In all honesty, the camera may just be worn out. It also does much better in overcast and early morning then full sunlight and   shortly after sunset.


Moon glow

No comments: