Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Saying goodbye to summer


August 2013


"If you are not killing plants, you are not really stretching yourself as a gardener." - J. C. Raulston

I was editing these photos and found a surprise.  A bee tucked under the petals. I never noticed it when taking the picture!


 "A perennial is a plant that would have come back year after year if it had survived." I use that when my husband asks "How long will it live?"


My rule of green thumb for mulch is to double my initial estimate of bags needed plus three. Then I'm only two bags short."




 I went into the garden for few minutes and emerged several hours later...(in my case often with little accomplished, but feeling great!). unknown


A garden never knows when its over. ~ Paula Deitz



 

If the first week in August is unusually warm,
the coming Winter will be snowy and long. 



 



The best way to garden is to put on a wide-brimmed straw hat and some old clothes. And with a hoe in one hand and a cold drink in the other, tell somebody else where to dig. ~ Texas Bix Bender, Don't Throw in the Trowel

 



No comments: