Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Snow on the Prarie

Snow on the Prairie


I started this post a while back.  I was reminded of it when I was returning from a visit to a friend. The highway I take has land that hasn't been developed with houses. They are scarce these days.
The fields on both sides of this highway and the major highway into Fort Worth, were full of white clouds.  I knew what they were. Bet very few of the travelers noticed or cared. Their loss. These are beautiful works of nature. 
                                                             
We were returning from a flea market in East Texas and saw field after field of white wildflowers.
Hubby pulled off the highway and let me take a few pictures.

Don't forget to click on picture for larger view.
The first thing I noticed?  Even though at a distance the flowers look white, they are actually the palest of green.  Not a true blossom to my eyes.

The name? Snow on the Prarie. Lovely name for rolling hills of white.

I can't say that I ever noticed the fields of "white" before. Now, I watch for them.  I also saw fields of white in Oklahoma last week.

Perhaps the drought has something to do with them being so prolific this year?

 "The 'Amen!' of Nature is always a flower."
-  Oliver Wendell Holmes.   





 "The nature of This Flower is to bloom."   
-  Alice Walker. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I really like your blog!

My weblog - Dynasty Heroes The Legend Hack