Pages

Monday, August 14, 2017

Another attempt to get rid of moles


The moles have riddled the gardens the paths and the whole front yard.

I have tried many ideas seen on the internet.  None have worked.  The area is very large and that may be the reason
 




 My last attempt to route the buggers was using  kitty litter.  I am thinking that was suggested as a joke to see how many dummies would try it. In my garden, they just dug another tunnel along side the treated one.




I dropped several marble sized mothballs in the runs by using a plastic pipe and sinking into the run.
It would be useless to drop mothballs into that hole as there are runs on both sides of this hole and sometimes straight down.  I wish I knew how deep they dig as most of my runs are raised areas, clearly showing where it is.




I went to the extra trouble (wearing gloves of course. Mothballs  smell awful on hands) to feel carefully around the hole for a sunken place which indicates the run. I pokes several into that hole and covered the original hole.  We had rain last night and (Oh goody!) a new run was started on the other side of the garden path.

Hole covered up.  Rain was hard enough to nearly flatten this mound.
I am wondering if the rain intensifies the fumes?

No comments: