Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2020

COLORADO QUIRKY DISCOVERY

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land.  ~G.K. Chesterton
                            SWETSVILLE ZOO
Remember to click on picture for larger.
If  using a smart phone, try turning horizontal.

My niece told me she knew of this place and, since we were on the way home from a matinee play in Longmont, Colorado why not stop.
Magic!!
   

SWETSVILLE ZOO

Look close, there are dinosaurs here



It had been raining all day.  Also magic.  I had (escaped) from Texas heat wave to cool nights and moderately hot days in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
                         
                                               

Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others: Jonathan Swift
                        

Apparently, many of these sculptures were painted.  They have been here a long time..


A donations box was unobtrusively placed at the entrance, along with a list of the names of the sculptures. Seems that is the only list.  Visitors should make a copy of it with their phones or cameras for future reference.


My niece read off from the list that had a numerical tag on each sculpture that corresponded with numbers on list. This while I was in heaven taking pictures of this wonderment.
I remember this name/ Humpty Dumpty



It had been raining and I didn't even mind the leaves of many, many trees dripping water down my neck or on my head.

There are numerous web sites about this place.  Some mentioning it may be gone in the future.  Development seems so intent on wiping out creative endeavors in the name of the all mighty dollar.







No comments: