Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Keeping busy

Nothing much is happening now that this extreme heat and no rain has set in.
I have purchased a new garden cart.  The old one had sides and bottom of a low grade plywood and just couldn't last outside in all kinds of weather.
The new one is smaller and heavier, but made of metal and painted for outside use. And..... the tires won't go flat.
The only problem, I have to put it together.
The young man who loaded the box into the car said it wasn't difficult. "Just a bolt here and one there and then you add.............." We will see if I can manage it, or have to call on hubby to help. The first hurtle was getting the box out of the car and "waltzing" the 75+ pound, 3x5' box to the patio.





On the agenda for today, before the 102 degree temp., is to trim some branches.  That may mean trim today and gather up tomorrow.  I have a hard time when the sun is full up even when it is cooler. It is already 82 at 5AM.  I have a great toy of my very own.  Don't know how any yard trimming gets done without it. It is called and alligator, manufactured by Black and Decker. It is reasonably priced as well.





What I like is that it is relative light weight for me. I have small hands, but am stronger than the average smallish women.  It works great for limbs of up to 4-5".  The easiest thing is being able to lop the limbs to easier more manageable sizes with it and not the hand tool.





















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have this tool and love it