Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

New Mexico magic



Since I don't have face book, this is my photo collection of Aspens in Colorado, Oct.2012.
Our son lives in the four corners area and these drives weren't far from there.  I was concerned that some of these areas had been burned off this past summer.
We took 3 different scenic routes and even though the colors and subjects are the same, the locations are quite different: the first 4 are the Mancos area
I need to make a calender just for this one!

I love the black branches!

There was no wind and perfect for mirror image!   




On the way to Silverton

Taken from a moving car with my Canon Power Shot;10 pixels  






Our son wanted to visit a place called Box Canyon in Ouray, Colorado.  A side trip sort of on the way to Silverton. There is a lot of information about this area on the Web. I had never heard of it.  He did a lot of climbing around and I am sure, took wonderful pictures.  Here are a few of mine.

Not too shabby for my little Canon. 
 We were at an elevation of around 9000 feet and climbed down some spooky stairs to this. Wouldn't have missed it for the world!

Try to enlarge this, very interesting
On a scary terrace overlooking loud, rushing water


And then, all good things must end and we took a different route home to Texas.The highway is 64 from Farmington to Chama and on from there to Taos and points east.  I highly recommend it.  Beautiful road and scenery. And more aspens!!!

These plants were fascinating, the tall spiky ones are some sort of Mullein and the gray Rabbit Brush 
 
















Have you ever seen such a sky?


While taking these picture, a British couple stopped and the woman said it was almost a waste of time taking pictures as the camera cannot do the scenery justice.  I agree, the vistas are so large, the camera cannot capture that.


No comments: