Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Knockout rose star of the show


I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

I checked the weather forecast for the rest of the week.  A slight chance for rain, clouds and after todays temp of 100, in the high 90's.  Other areas of the country have too much rain and we are praying for any moisture at all.
My gardening enthusiasm has waned and I don't even want to pull weeds that have sprung up full grown, I swear!! Where do they all come from? I have a great tool called a shuffle hoe, that is great for fighting weeds in a standing position in the gravel path. 

That said, I am slowly, slowly getting used to my Bloggie.  One problem?  It will get hot in my hand if I take more than 10  pictures while the temperatures are so high.  I am shopping on line for another as I think if I had a second one, I could get a few more shots in before I get too hot. Conversely, the camera also doesn't like cold temperatures.
This thing takes fantastic pictures!  Especially if I wear glasses to view the shot first.  I think a lot of my "blurry" shots were due to my vision and hand shake.
These pictures are less grainy due to my learning a simple (duh) fact.  The more pixels, the sharper the image.  Helps to read the manual................

This is my version of Facebook.  I want to be able to come to my blog and recall the fun and frustration of learning to take pictures.






A profusion of pink roses bending ragged in the rain speaks to me of all gentleness and its enduring. ~The Collected Later Poems of William Carlos Williams


No comments: