Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Rainy afternoon in July

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.  If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.  ~Author Unknown
 As I am hard of hearing, one of the things I miss most is not hearing the rain.  Hubby fetched me from my mystery book to come hear the rain.  A sudden downpour has the down spouts gushing rain water and filling the pathway with an almost stream of flowing water.  Heaven.  Sitting on the patio, I can hear the blessed rain. In July, quite a rarity.

This morning, I was out taking advantage of the overcast sky and shooting pictures.  I happened to point the camera up and caught a hummingbird on her morning rounds, searching for nectar. She zoomed in under the branches for the trumpet vine flower and changed her mind.                                                       


 

            

No comments: