Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

July 11 Peaches ad infanitum

The peaches are still ripening, falling, getting eaten by critters, and being made into more jam.
This batch was made from fresh overnight, dropped peaches with bruises and blemishes.
They were not pretty enough to share with neighbors, so cut up what I could salvage from them and dumped the slices and chunks on a non stick cookie sheet, stuck them in the freezer and headed for the super market. I needed sugar first of all and a few other necessities.
I DID FORGET TO GET SMALLER JAM JARS.

I used the food processor again, leaving some larger chunks.  Love the processor for the jalapenos, I used 5 in this batch.
I ended up with 6 pint jars of jam.  One did not seal, tasted it and could not get a hint of  "kick".  I did forget to check the jalapenos for heat.  Oh well, still tastes pretty good.  We are going to try it on Blue Bell ice cream (vanilla of course).

No comments: