Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Last batch, hopefully, of peach jam

There were at least 20 pounds of peaches ready to pick this morning.  My neighbors are ducking back inside when they see me.  There are peaches in the refrigerator and on the cabinets.  They all have to be dealt with tomorrow.  They turn bad in a hurry now.

I was in need of a hair cut and thought "why not?".  So, loaded up a basket with peach cobbler,  paper plates and plastic ware, a jar of plain jam and one of  jalapeno/peach jam and  delivered the treat.  Bet the cobbler was gone before lunch time.

I came home and made another batch of ginger/peach preserves.   Haven't tasted it yet.  The jars look so pretty, I am going to assume this batch is a success.
There are one or two more interesting sounding recipes I want to try. Not jams however!

No comments: