Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

more on peaches

This has been quite a day.  I finally got the jam issue resolve and was winding down the kitchen mess.

We suddenly had a high wind blow through and, wouldn't you know it, it blew peaches off the trees.
So, hubby and I gathered about a peck of bruised, beautiful peaches and brought them in the house.
The thought of finding room in the fridge for more peaches was too much.
I gathered up a bag of this treasure and got in the car to look for likely suspects.  Two men were in the  yard not far from our house, I jumped out of the car and marched up with bag of peaches and a bribe of fresh peach jam, and got rid of that batch.
Then went to a neighbor of theirs and knocked on the door and offered more peaches.  She was nonplussed, but her husband remembered me from last year's visiting.  Told them of the bounty and that I was just to tired from making jam all afternoon, to deal with the fallen peaches.  He was happy to follow me home and collect another bag of peaches.

I peeled and cut up enough peaches for another batch of jam and quit for the day. I am going to check out jams with jalapeno added in the morning.

So, peach problem solved for today.
I am sitting here with a glass of vino, fresh peach jam and saltines.  Yum. 
I am finished for the day.  Will deal with the peach flood in the morning.


No comments: