Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

More on peaches July 5 2012

I am doing this spot for my diary because pictures in a group seem to get lost over time.
I have one picture of the sting holes from whatever insect.  They have to be dealt with quickly, as the bruising begins almost over night.  After a short time, the whole peach will be mummified. They will not fall from the tree at this point either.

Next is my dehydrator tray with peaches ready to slice up.  You can see some of the damaged ones.  I cut away the "bad" stuff, and any bruising  that is on the flesh.



There are 8 tiers to this dehydrator.  I have had it for so many years, I don't remember the brand


It has been so long since I have dried anything, I went to the Web and found the instructions (just to get me started) printed off a copy and then put it in a plastic page protector. 
Dunking peach slices and working with peaches in general is messy and the page can get dirty in a hurry.






Next, the dried fruit.  If I don't soak the fruit in a bath of, in my case, pineapple juice, ascorbic acid and water, the fruit will come out looking like faded leather.  Not pretty, but my son loved them anyway.












No comments: