Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Live and learn (peach adventures continue)

July 7, 2012
As I have said before, one is never too old to learn.

I have attempted to make peach jam.  It was "only" going to be 6 or 7 small jars......................... I have made lots of jam (40 years ago!)

First, I didn't have all my supplies cleaned and at hand.
Second, my husband came home from the coffee shop. He didn't catch the hint that I was really up to my eyeballs in peaches and boiling water!! He wanted to share information from the visit with his buddy.
Third, I didn't tell him to please go mow the yard, get groceries, take my car to the car wash, or ANYTHING!!
Fourth, you should never make jam and chat with your spouse.  You lose concentration, don't ya know.

So, I FORGOT TO PUT THE SUGAR IN THE PEACHES!!

Not a problem, I am letting it and myself cool down, then........................I will open my lovely jars and dump the ingredients into the pot AGAIN. Then, I will ADD THE SUGAR. Not sure at this point how long to boil mixture, but hope to have sweeter jam at the end.

Keeping my fingers crossed. This episode does NOT remind me of the movie Julie and Julia!

No comments: