Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Maison Decor8.blog

this is a blog that fascinates me and I love the name.

old windowcreations


This blog has great photos for building a conservatory.
I have dreams of making my own garden conservatory.  I can see it in my garden. Not that it will perch on a granite block as hers is.  Cinderblock? Concrete slab? Wooden shipping pallet?

The windows are for sale at my favorite flea market, Canton,Texas.  They are, unfortunately, more expensive (25$ a window)since I first saw them in this creative idea. At that time windows were selling for $5.00 with all the panes intact. I figure at 25 dollars for one window, 6 would cost $150.00. Need to search for cheaper windows.  "Good Luck"  What happens to a new creative idea is that sometimes it catches on and vendors at flea markets are aware of the "new kid on the block". They are selling a product to make money and I can understand that.


I first saw this idea done with broken china embellishment some years ago at Canton and cannot get the idea out of my mind.  The lady's blog has been closed down and now am searching for any information on how to do these creations.

when I came upon her booth at the flea market, i was blown away with the creativity.
I let too much time pass and am on my own.

I did a bit of searching and did find her work.  This is from a great web site I wasn't even aware of! Check it out.


Robomargo (for the china creativity site)


The link at the top of the page (old window creations) gives good instructions and pictures for basic building.  I don't know if I can ever replicate the broken china designs of the first designer/builder...............nice to dream about.

with my garden now sort of established...........................barring moles, heat, drought, age (mine), money, and sources for supplies, I yearn to make at least one...  Maybe I should put this idea on my to do list for the new year.
I should print off a picture and put it up on the wall as a reminder of what I think would be a wow factor in  my garden.

Now that I have found one or two of her creations, I will print them and put them on my wall for inspiration for the new year.

OK, cannot stop here; looking for one thing always leads to new places.....This blog is wonderful.
Dishfunctional Design 
Arrow down through the great pictures of her ideas until you see one of an old shovel against a picket fence.  To the right of this picture is a list of Popular Posts of other bloggers.
Well, gee, I didn't intend this to be a post of recommendations of other bloggers.  It just took on a life of its own.

I don't know if I will continue sharing Blogs and web sites, but it is such fun.

No comments: