Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas decor packing up


A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.”
Carl Reiner                                  
We do have snow occasionally. This is my court yard in December 2010
Don't forget to click on a photo to see larger pictures


 “Winter is not a season, it's an occupation.” Sinclair Lewis

 Time to take down and pack up Christmas decorations.  My computer room book shelves remind me of a gift shop..  I have enjoyed being in here with memories and a few new things.  Beauty becomes clutter after a few weeks and time to pack away.

“I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.”
Charles Dickens

The cloche is a recent flea market find
Fond memories of Christmas in Oklahoma




 “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”
Bob Hope

An Avon glass tree has been one of my decorations for more than 40 years


 “Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special! How touching to have the meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer.... Who'd have ever guessed that product consumption, popular entertainment, and spirituality would mix so harmoniously? ”
Bill Watterson,
The Essential Calvin and Hobbes

New Mexico ruins and my photo of Aspens are a newer memory

 “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly."
~ (1919-), American writer, producer, humorist. ”

Andy Rooney

Memories of my sister 1930-2013

 “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it's compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.”
Garrison Keillor, Leaving Home

Last three bells I painted over 30 years ago







  
 “There has been only one Christmas -- the rest are anniversaries.”
W. J. Cameron

                                          These pillows are a lesson in perseverance. I have worked
                                          on them for several years. The circles are called yoyo.



 “I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.”
Harlan Miller

 “What do you think of Christmas?"
"I like it," she said. "I think we should have it every year.”






2 comments:

Judy said...

I love your Christmas decorations.
I have not done any decorating the last few years.

Carol 2 said...

I love the avon glass tree. Brings back happy memories of long ago. Enjoy the blog and the quotes . Reading it is like a nice visit.