Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Change; a lot of work

It is noon, the temperature is still in the 60's. The base cinder blocks are in.  Took two short breaks and one Aleve to finish that much.
The leveling of those blocks was the most difficult.  I checked and these 16x8x8 blocks are considered "light weight".  I weigh 120 pounds, the block weighs about 30.  Felt a lot heavier when I got to the last one.




All in all, a good days work. I'm satisfied with my progress.



Tomorrow morning, I plan to finish moving the blocks and fill with the dirt from the one I am demolishing.  I will have to add more.
My plan is to "make" my own. There are formulas for organic potting soil on the Web. A couple look interesting.
Will have to purchase a few things, but first to fill the bed with what I have now.

No comments: