Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Time for a change

This is my problem area

Today, in the midst of drizzle, trying to beat the rain that is coming, I realized I must "DO SOMETHING"

This little area, about 10x10, has done nothing for the last 6 or so years but grow weeds, nut sedge and when it rains heavily, floods.  Instead of fighting a raised herb bed outside of the courtyard, this is where a raised bed should go.
At one time, this spot had a lovely wax myrtle bush. A freak snow storm one April broke one huge branch, an ice storm the following winter broke another.  We took it out and things have gone downhill from then.

This is the other problem


 Two years ago, this bed grew basil, parsley, peppers and other good stuff. Last year, zilch. It has become a catch all and discouraging spot in my lovely garden area. Thus, I shall move it to the court yard. 

My work is cut out for me, but I know it will be a much happier ending than this Spring.

No comments: