Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Change; movin' on to the finish

Saturday 27th
Morning was perfect!  Cool/chilly/overcast  my kind of weather.
Finished the placement of the concrete blocks in an hour or so.  Had to go into Fort Worth to Marshall Grain for amendments to soil for a raised bed. This formula was on line at Howard Garrett.com. I tried to find the ingredients closer to home and wasted an hour.  Finally, got to Marshall Grain and found everything I needed. This is a great source for organic gardeners.  Don't bother with the other nurseries, they just cannot compete with the needs for organic gardening.

It was late getting home and warmer so waited for today, Sunday, to finish.

Sunday 28th
Early this morning, after no sleep past 12:30AM, fixed a cup of caffeine  and read and dozed until time to pick up the Sunday paper for hubby and get my sausage biscuit and senior coffee at MickyDees.

Barely daylight and I am at it again.  I am worn out.  Not a lot of hours expended on this project, but it is heavy work and hard on the back and hands (mostly the hands).

I am pleased with the result.  Still need to fill the bed.  That is the easy part and in no hurry.


Two left over blocks and short rail road tie make a bench



The bench will come in handy for a bit of shade and rest.




No comments: